Welcome to Setshaba Research Centre
The Setshaba Research Centre (SRC) is a South African, Non-Governmental/Non-Profit Organization in the field of clinical and social scientific research. The centre is located in Soshanguve Township, within the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality in the Gauteng Province (about 35 kilometres outside Pretoria), South Africa. SRC was founded in 2004. Since 2008 the organisation was registered as a section 21 company and functions as an independent entity. The organisation is a level one Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) contributor.
A vibrant, sustainable and professional research centre that is relevant and beneficial to the community.
A community based centre that conducts relevant, ethical and cost beneficial research studies for the local community and partners.
SRC has experience in the following areas:
- HIV Prevention trials: Microbicide, Oral PrEP’s, Social Behavioural and Vaccine
- TB clinical trials: Diagnostic, Vaccine and Therapeutic
- Paediatric Vaccine trials
- Other vaccines and therapeutic trials
- Large range of social behavioural trials